Monday, March 26, 2012

Self-Publishing Success Stories: Anne Marie Novark

Excerpt from her Kindle Boards blog post (August 8, 2011):

First off, I need to say I had a "backlist" of nine books that I wanted to publish. I've been writing a long time. I had been submitting to agents and editors, entering RWA contests and placing in a few. I even received a phone call from a Harlequin editor in New York. Not THE CALL, but A CALL. Thrilling, I must say. Unfortunately, nothing came of it. I got close, but no cigar.

Then along came digital publishing and the small ePresses. I was lucky enough to sell to The Wild Rose Press and I liked being an eBook author. I didn't sell much and thought there had to be a better way.

And then came Kindle and Direct Publishing. Bingo!!!

. . . . .


I've sold close to 40,000 eBooks total. But watching my sales decrease by 50% and more is not a good feeling, let me tell you.

I try to put it all in perspective. I started out this venture with the goal of making around 300-400 dollars a month. I'm doing that and more. Readers are reading my books. I'm writing what I enjoy writing and finding like-minded people who enjoy reading what I write.

It is truly an awesome time to be a writer.

She also did an interview here with Jim Bronyaur.  Worth reading.

As of Feb 2012, she has sold over 70,000 books.


Highlighting some of the author's books:





Back to Main Page
Link to Top 100 Books Ranking (by genre) as rated by Readers


No comments:

Post a Comment