Saturday, March 24, 2012

Self-Publishing Success Stories: HP Mallory

Excerpt on why she started self-publishing.  In her own words:
After I finished my first paranormal romance, Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, I figured it was time to get an agent. So, I sent out query letters and was pretty encouraged by the responses to the book, as agents requested partials and fulls. Imagine my elation when my dream agent requested the full, stayed up all night reading the book and offered representation the next day! Oh, happy day! Well, happy day turned into two or three months of rejection after rejection and then the fab agent gave up on me and I never heard from her again.

So, thinking I had something in common with Hester Prynne, only my scarlet letter would be a big “L” for loser, I gave up. And I gave up for about two years. Then, my fabulous critique partner, Lori Brighton, told me about a lady named Karen McQuestion who had uploaded her books to the Kindle self-publishing platform and was outselling traditionally published authors. Well, I figured I had nothing to lose and decided to put myself out there and see what happened.

Read the rest of the guess post on JA Konrath blog here:
http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/2011/01/guest-post-by-hp-mallory.html


As for her success:  over 200,000 ebooks sold in less than one year (July 2011).
She wrotes a guide about it:  "How I Sold 200,000 E-Books, A Guide for the Self Published Author."
It was retitles to Quit Your Day Job, A Guide for the Self Published Author



Highlighting some of the author's books:






Back to Main Page
Link to Top 100 Books Ranking (by genre) as rated by Readers



1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring. The digital age has brought us into a new era of publishing. It has never been easier for an author to get his or her book out in front of millions of potential buyers. No longer do authors have to send out their manuscripts to publishing houses and hold their breath waiting to see if it has been accepted for publication.

    ReplyDelete