Monday, March 26, 2012

Self-Publishing Success Stories: Nick Russell


Excerpt from his wonder blog post "Are You Just An Author?"

 I see a lot of authors here bemoaning the fact that promotion is hard work, and it doesn’t always pay off, or at least not as quickly as some would like it to. But it does pay off! Consider this, I first published Big Lake to the Kindle bookstore May 22, and while sales grew steadily, it wasn’t until November that it really began to soar. But every day of those six months in between, I was actively promoting my book.

I see publishing as a business, and I am an entrepreneur. My products are the books I write, and to sell those books takes effort. A lot of effort. But I knew that going in and I was, and am, willing to put forth that effort for the payoff I am getting.

Please read the rest of the blog  post at: http://publishing4profit.com/blog/2012/03/16/are-you-just-an-author/


As for his indie success, he generously share his sales number on the Absolute Write Forum
As of now, I've sold over 104,000 copies of Big Lake since I uploaded it in May, 2011.

Congratulations, Nick.


Highlighting some of the author's books:




Back to Main Page
Link to Top 100 Books Ranking (by genre) as rated by Readers





No comments:

Post a Comment