Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Self-Publishing Success Stories: J.R. Rain

Excerpt (important takeaway):
I always believe that the best marketing a writer can do is to write the best book possible. Books that resonate with readers will sell themselves. So, my best advice is to truly learn the craft of writing. A good book written from the heart will go very far. 
Please read the rest at Epublish A Book's "J.R. Rain : Over 400 000 Books Sold So Far Thanks to the Law of Attraction!"



Excerpt from Guest Post by J.R. Rain: (The Waiting Game is Over)
Turns out, publishing with Amazon Kindle was the best choice of my life. It also turns out that these traditional publishers (see above) had done me a phenomenal service. By not publishing my books and leading me along and dashing my dreams, they gave me a great gift:

Product.

I still owned the rights to all my books. Books that didn’t quite fit the typical mold--like a soccer mom private detective who just so happened to be a vampire--a book I had written in 2003. A man writing about a woman was apparently taboo, and more than one publisher rejected it based on this alone. Now my “Vampire for Hire” series has gone on to sell more than 400,000 copies, hitting #1 in many categories. 
Please read the whole guess post by J.R. Rain (highly recommended and very informative).


Highlighting some of the author's books:






Back to Main Page
Link to Top 100 Books Ranking (by genre) as rated by Readers


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi J.R. Rain. Congrats on your Vampire for Hire series -- and on your incredible self-publishing success. Definite motivation for me. Tried my hand in the "dark" genre, too -- Werewolf in Paradise ... that one hasn't picked up steam yet. But new release, Loving a Texan from New Orleans, has hit a nerve and is doing well on Amazon. I hope to reach your numbers one day. Thank you for the motivation. Continued success, success, success! Cassandra Black

    ReplyDelete