Thursday, March 29, 2012

Self-Publishing Success Stories: Debora Geary

Excerpt from Girls With Pens "Self-Publishing Week: Guest Post with Debora Geary" (October 10, 2011)

Let me start with that last one.  I’m a very new author – this time last year, I had yet to write a page of fiction. Ever. I was a reader – and much of my perspective on being an author comes from that lifelong reader hat.

I’ve had some success. My first novel, A Modern Witch, published mid-March of this year, has sold over 15,000 copies so far. Selling at $3.99, it’s provided enough income to quit the day job. I have two more novels out now, with more on the way.  I may have come to writing late, but I fully expect this to be the work of the rest of my life.

So of my short and non-typical journey, what advice do I have to give?

1)     Figure out your strengths

Click to read all her advice.  The whole blog post is VERY useful for writers everywhere.  




The above was from October 2011, ages ago in the world of self-publishing.  Suffice to say, Debora Geary went from strength to strength since that day.  She was one of the top 10 Kindle Select authors for the month of January 2012.


From Amazon Press Release:

After joining KDP Select and adding her A Modern Witch Series and other books to the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library, Debora Geary’s royalties from paid sales grew substantially from December to January, and she earned an additional $9,600 from the KDP Select fund in January. “I published my first book via KDP just over a year ago, and since then, I've been struck by Amazon lightning of the best kind,” said Geary. “Finding readers is often the hardest part of an author's journey, and the KDP Select program has been a phenomenal way for me to reach them.”

Highlighting some of the author's books:





Back to Main Page
Link to Top 100 Books Ranking (by genre) as rated by Readers


No comments:

Post a Comment