Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Self-Publishing Success Stories: Denise Grover Swank

Excerpt (important takeaway) from "Pricing in Self-Publishing" (from the author's blog):

There’s no one price fits all solutions. The author has to decide their primary and secondary objectives. My primary objective when I published my first two books was to establish myself in the publishing world. I wanted readers to take a chance on an unknown, debut author. I wanted my name to be recognized. My theory was that I would gain readers and develop a core reader base. My secondary objective was to make a living selling books.

. . . . .

But in the meantime, thousands of more readers will know my name. I’ve sold 18,000 copies of Chosen in four months. Authors are sick to death of hearing about branding themselves, but if the author wants to make a living writing books, they need to build a base of readers. The first way to do that is write a good book, and let’s hope at this point that’s a given. But the author has to get the reader to take a chance on their book.

A very informative post for new self-published authors out there.  Make sure to read it at:
http://www.denisegroverswank.com/blog/2012/01/pricing-in-self-publishing/


The author generously share her sales number with other writers on the Kindle Boards here.


Highlighting some of the author's books:





Back to Main Page
Link to Top 100 Books Ranking (by genre) as rated by Readers



1 comment: